The University of Warwick is committed to being able to ensure as many academically outstanding students as possible from around the world are able to study here.
The Chancellor's International Scholarships are allocated annually via a combined postgraduate research scholarship competition and are open to all overseas students in any discipline offered at Warwick.
Applications for Chancellor's International Scholarships 2017/18 entry will open on 1 August 2016.
For 2017/18 entry there will be 25 Chancellor's International Scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding international PhD applicants. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2017 will include both of the following:
- The full payment of overseas tuition fees (worth up to £19,740 at 16/17 rates, this figure is likely to increase with inflation for 2017/18)
- A maintenance stipend in line with RCUK rates (provisional £14,539* for full time award holders in 2017/18)
- Length of funding: 3.5 years unless you are already in your first year of study when you apply then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly
- Applicants for a Chancellor's International Scholarship must also be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2017;
- Students currently enrolled on a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only.
- Applicants must expect to be 'overseas' students for fees purposes, but there is no other nationality criteria;
- Applicants may be from any discipline at Warwick.
How to Apply
Applicants should read the guidance notes carefully before completing the application form.
- New applicants can apply for the Chancellor’s International Scholarship by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarship Application form. If you are eligible for this scholarship you will be asked if you would like to be considered for funding as part of your application to the University. Please select YES at this point and you will be invited to complete further information that will form the basis of your application for this Scholarship.
- If you are in the first year of your PhD or applied before 1st August 2016 and would like to be considered for this Scholarship to fund the remainder of your studies please complete the Single Scholarship Application form.
Information for Route 1 Applicants
New applicants should apply for a Scholarship by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarship Application form. Applicants complete the admissions application as normal, but when you reach the ‘finance’ section of the form they will be asked ‘do you wish to apply for a postgraduate research scholarship at Warwick?’ you must select ‘yes’ in order to be considered for a scholarship.
When ‘yes’ is selected a new section of the application form with a further three questions will be opened up. These additional questions will form the main sections of the scholarship application.
Please note: if you cannot see the scholarship question on the finance screen then you will be ineligible for this scholarship competition.
Information for Route 2 Applicants
The Single Scholarship Application form is a standalone scholarship application. In order to apply via this method you will be asked a small number of questions that enables the system to link your scholarship application to your admissions record. This means that we will be able to view previously uploaded references and transcripts to support your scholarship application.
Please note: You can sign out and save progress on an application as often as you wish. However, once you ‘submit’ your application no further changes can be made (except uploading transcripts and references). You must ensure that your application is complete and you have proof read when you ‘submit’.
The Application deadline for this year’s competition is 23:59pm (GMT) on Wednesday 18th January 2017.
All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must be uploaded by Wednesday 1st February 2017 at the latest.
No late applications will be accepted.
Results of the PGR Scholarships Competition will be communicated through email by mid March 2017.
For more information please click on the "Further official information" link below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: