Chalmers will be offering around 50 IPOET scholarships in 2016, funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education, to prospective fee-paying students. The scholarships are administered and awarded by Chalmers.
The selection is based on the applicants' relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade but also home university's stature (including position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers Master's programmes.
Fields of Study:
Unrestricted - all of the current Master’s programmes at Chalmers.
- Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education
- 1st year Master's Programme applicants
- A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters / 2 year programme)
- Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased scholarship reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fee during the second and final year of studies
- No funds are transferred to the scholarship laureates
How to apply for scholarships
Application procedure for scholarships administered by Chalmers
It is obligatory to submit an application for Chalmers Master's programmes at University Admissions prior to making a scholarship application. Only then will you be able to obtain your individual application number, which must be entered correctly in the scholarship application portal in order for us to obtain information about what Master's programmes you have applied to at Chalmers, etc. A personal link to the scholarship application form will be sent to you via email once you have submitted some key information via the link below.
Scholarship notifications will be announced by Chalmers from March until mid April 2016.
Note! If you do not have all necessary information at hand to complete all steps of the electronic application form, your scholarship application will not be considered.
- All scholarship applicants must make an application for the selected Master's programme/s on University Admissions prior to making a scholarship application. Your individual application number and your priority order (your choice of Master's programme/s) must be at hand when you start the (on-line) scholarship application. Please read the stipulated requirements for each of the scholarships thoroughly before submitting your application. All scholarship applicants are encouraged to apply for scholarships as soon as possible since this will greatly expedite the assessment process. There is, however, no correlation between how early an application is made and the likelihood of receiving a scholarship. Note that the electronic application form is used only to apply for scholarships awarded by Chalmers.
- The applicant may apply for multiple scholarships provided that the eligibility requirements are fulfilled. All submitted data must be verifiable against the required documents received by University Admissions in Sweden (as part of the application procedure for Master's programs). The only exception is additional data* required by Chalmers when applying for the Sievert Larsson Scholarship (Thai citizens only).
- Scholarship applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of intent/motivation to the universityadmissions.se address for supporting documents (item 9 on the required documents-/check list). That is, the letter of intent submitted as a part of an applicant's program application will also be taken into consideration when assessing scholarship applicants.
- Start the scholarship application process. Please fill in your name and email address
Once you have submitted the form (part 1) you will be sent a personal link to your personal scholarship form (part 2/2). Please note that, for administrative purposes, these links are sent out in batches manually, meaning that you will not receive an email directly after submitting the form (part 1). Depending on holidays, weekdays, etc. it may take a few days. For example, if you submit it on a Friday, it is likely that you will receive an email with your unique scholarship portal link on Monday, the following week.
Note! The first batch will be sent out at the beginning of November 2015.
Apply for the Master's programs separately
- The Master's programmes application fee must have been paid (read more at University Admissions).
- All data entered in the scholarship application form at chalmers.se must be verifiable by the
- required documents received by University Admissions in Sweden (as part of the application procedure for Master's programmes.
- Only applicants fulfilling the eligibility requirements for the Master´s programmes applied for are considered for a scholarship.
Notification and mandatory confirmation requirement
- Scholarship notifications will be announced by Chalmers up until mid April.
- The scholarship receiver must confirm the offer by accepting the offered study place on University Admissions by the specified deadline. Make sure your acceptance is registerd correctly at your account.
- No separate confirmation is required but an early acceptance on University Admissions is appreciated.
- If no reply (confirmation of acceptance of offered study place) is registered on University Admissions the scholarship offer is revoked.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: