The Department of Gender Studies at Central European University attracts students from a range of disciplines in the social sciences and humanities, and focuses on integrative and comparative approaches to gender studies. Programs aim to critically examine past and present developments related to gender in culture and society. The curriculum in the department emphasizes interdisciplinary scholarship, such as gender and post-socialist studies, nationalism, queer theory, cultural studies, transnationalism, and international political movements.
- Master of Arts in Gender Studies (1 Year)
- Master of Arts in Critical Gender Studies (2 Years)
- Master of Arts in Gender Studies: Women’s and Gender Specialization (GEMMA--Erasmus Mundus) (2 Years)
- Master of Arts in European Women’s and Gender History (MATILDA--Erasmus) (2 Years)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Comparative Gender Studies
CEU awards an extensive range of financial aid packages to support students in its Master's degree programs.
CEU Fellowship Awards for Master's students are awarded at two levels: Full Fellowship and Partial Fellowship. All students should budget additionally for travel, recreation, and incidentals, which can vary with the individual.