Centre for Research and Education in Arts and Media Research Studentship
Centre for Research and Education in Arts and Media (CREAM) PhD Research Studentships in the Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design.
Three years, full time
£16,000 ANNUAL STIPEND PLUS FEE WAIVER
A number of full-time University of Westminster PhD Studentships are available to candidates with either Home or Overseas fee status in any area of art starting in September 2016.
HOW TO APPLY
We use the national online applications system, UKPASS for all research degree applications. To make your application for an MPhil/PhD please work through the following steps:
- Check that you meet the entry criteria
- Check that the Faculty can provide supervision in your research area. If you have not done so yet, please review the research areas. You will be asked to confirm this in your UKPASS application form.
- Consider your funding options – are there any Studentship or Scholarships available to you or will you have to be applying as a self-funded student?
- What documents you will be required to upload with your UKPASS application:
a) Research proposal of between 2,000 and 3,500 words (four to seven pages) in length. We recommend that you follow our guidance on writing a research proposal. Please note we will not be able to consider your application if you do not include your research proposal.
b) Scanned copies of all your relevant qualification certificates and transcripts (if your award is pending, please upload the transcript of the modules already undertaken).
c) If your secondary level education has not been conducted in the medium of English, you should also demonstrate evidence of appropriate English language proficiency, for example IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
d) 2 academic references. Please note that it is your responsibility to contact your referees and arrange for a reference letter to be provided, whether by upload to UKPASS, emailed to email@example.com or posted to:
Postgraduate Admissions Office
University of Westminster
101 New Cavendish Street
London W1W 6XH
5.Before proceeding to apply via UKPASS, please make a note of the following essential information:
- In UKPASS, all applications including those for PhD are made via the MPhil programme – applicants cannot apply for PhD Direct (including PhD by Published Work).
- The course you are applying for in UKPASS is called Research – Media, Arts and Design.
- Click here for a printable version of the above guidance for reference while completing your UKPASS application.
Apply for Westminster School of Media Arts and Design with code P043128 (course title Research – Media, Arts and Design)