#CaptureIslington Competition for Unique Photographers
If you’re student and a keen photographer, then #CaptureIslington is for you! Essential Living Futureare on the lookout for London’s most creative student photographers to enter their photography competition and be in with a chance of winning some pretty impressive prizes.
They’re looking for creative shots from around Islington to display at Essential Living’s newest development, Vantage Point.
All you have to do is post your entry (or entries – there’s no limit!) on Facebook, Instagram or Twitterwith the hashtag #CaptureIslington. Mention @EssLivingFuture and your college/university, and include a short bio on what inspired you to take the shot.
So long as the photos were taken in Islington, they can be of anything you like. They’re looking for landscapes of Islington’s green spaces, portraits of your favourite Islington people, food pictures from the best Islington eateries, aerial shots from Islington’s tallest buildings, street art in big, bold colour, panoramic shots of the skyline, and everything in between. You can be as artistic and creative as you like!
The prizes of #CaptureIslington Competition are:
The winner will become a featured artist withArthaus London – a new photography and art studio based in Islington. Being featured will give you your own page on Arthaus’s website to promote your photography and give you a strong chance at taking on commissions in the future. The winner will also receive a whopping £500 of photography vouchers to spend at Calumet Photographic in Euston, along with 12 months of Calumet’s student membership, which includes free gifts and discounts worth £150.
2ND & 3RD PRIZE
Two runners up will receive £250 of vouchers to spend a Calumet Photographic in Euston, along with 12 months student membership including free gifts and discounts worth £150.
A further 20 runners up will all get 12-month student memberships to Calumet Photographic, with all the benefits that membership includes.
That means that we have 23 prizes up for grabs! So if you have a flair for photography, you’re currently a student and you can get to Islington, then you stand a good chance at walking away with a great prize.
Entries close on 22nd July 2016.
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
- The Photography competition (the “Competition”) is open to students studying in London, aged over thirteen years old (must be 13 on 1st September 2016 and have a valid UK student identification (“You”).
- For the initial entry to the Competition, You should summit the photograph via a public post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #CaptureIslington.
- All entries must be available in: a) A high resolution spec of: i. 580mm x 580mm ii. 841mm x 594mm iii. 1198mm x 841mm b) A size printable in A1 or A0 with border.
- If the image is shortlisted, all high resolution images will be required to be submitted to a cloud storage account.
- When submitting your Competition entry, You must provide your name, age and college/ school/ university. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition (including checking your eligibility to enter it) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
- You may send multiple entries to the Competition.
- We must receive your entry to the Competition on or before 5pm Friday 22nd July 2016.
- Employees of Essential Living Management Ltd (“ELM”) or Essential Living Future CIC (“ELF”), its group companies or their family members may not enter the Competition.
Choosing the winners of #CaptureIslington Competition
An expert panel of three judges will choose a winning entry each and an overall first prize from the finalists, decided by the panel. The judges are: — Matthew Lamb (Essential Living Development Manager)* — Stephanie Smith (Archway with Words) — A Professional Photographer (Commissioned for Vantage Point)
The winning entries will be selected from a shortlist of twenty pieces and at the absolute discretion of Arthaus London (a local art studio commissioned by ELM), which they consider to be the most interesting, creative and original (www.arthauslondon.co.uk).
The judges’ decision will be made on or before 5th August 2016. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publishing the Winner Entries
The shortlisted entries will be published on the Essential Living Future Facebook page from 29th July 2016 or (if ELF needs to delay this for any reason) at a later date.
You own the copyright to your Competition entry as the photographer. 14. The photographer will determine which pieces they are happy for Arthaus London to make available for their clients and a price for each piece will be agreed with the photographer.
Each piece will have an agreed number of limited edition prints.
Any printed and displayed works will be signed by the photographer and marked with the allocated limited addition print.
Any other arrangements in relation to the sale of pieces will be agreed privately between the photographer and Arthaus London. 18. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give ELF: a) Permission for your entry to be displayed in the ELM building Vantage Point and grant ELM and ELF a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy. b) The right to use your name, age and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
Sending in an entry to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition.
SOME OTHER RULES
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are submitted incorrectly.
- Details of the winners can be will posted on ELM’s and ELF’s social media platforms.
- The Promoter of the Competition is ELF whose address is 30 Monck Street, London, SW1P 2AP. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
- ELF accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. ELF further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Competition.
- ELF reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of ELF in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- ELF shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
For more detailed information please click on "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: