Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is offering up to 40 Undergraduate Studies Scholarships in any field within a recognized university in their own countries or abroad. Armenian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The aim of the Calouste Gulbenkian Undergraduate Studies Scholarship is to encourage university students of Armenian origin from less developed countries, particularly the Middle East and Latin America, to obtain higher education in any field in a recognized university.
Established in 1956 as a Portuguese foundation for the whole of humanity, the Foundation’s original purpose focused on fostering knowledge and raising the quality of life of persons throughout the fields of the arts, charity, science and education.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
- A copy of your passport (main page with personal data)
- Birth or baptism certificate, or an equivalent document attesting to their Armenian heritage, translated into English, if the original is not in English or French
- Attested copies of academic certificates obtained and grade-sheets (last academic year), with grades’ clarification letter, translated into English, if originals are not in English or French
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page), including why they chose their respective field of study
- A brief curriculum vitae
- A statement outlining their commitment to contribute to the Armenian community during their studies or upon graduation.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.