BUILDING RESILIENCE AND EMPOWERMENT IN LOCAL COMMUNITIES
In the last years the organization has been focusing a lot on self-development and individual processes.
We also live in a very individualistic society and in an ego-centred culture, where the satisfaction of the individual needs come first. Nowadays, Europe is living one of the biggest immigration phenomenon, while many countries have not recovered from the economical crises. The consequence is that much more people want to access to a limited amount of
How do we deal with collective needs and rights? How can we respond to it as a community and not only as individual? What is the role that youth workers can play? This TC aims to answer to these questions!
- to promote an open and creative training environment for non-formal learning;
- to support participants in getting familiar with the concept of resilience and empowerment;
- to improve participants’ competences in supporting community empowering process
- to support participants in mastering new empowerment and resilience tool
- to experiment a concrete strategy of community empowerment by working with a group of asylum seekers and migrants
- to improve participants’s abilities in devoloping a learning activity
- to promote the exchange of good practices and the network in the social area.
The participants should fulfil the following criteria:
- Be above 18 years old
- To be active youth workers/leaders social workers, teachers, community workers etc and willing to apply & multiply the knowledge received
- Willing to enter into partnerships with participants from different organisations/countries on behalf of CID
- Able to attend and be active during the entire duration of the project (the training course and the homework activities)
- Ability to work in English
Financial aspect of the project
Accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization. Participants will be accommodated in Casa a Colori in Dolo.
Travel costs will be covered up to 180 Euros. (Reimbursement will be done after receiving all the original tickets, boarding passes and invoices)
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: