What is Future News Worldwide?
Applications are now open for Future News Worldwide 2021.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, this years Future News Worldwide conference will again be online. 2021's theme is ‘Climate, COVID-19 and the rise of disinformation: how journalism can best serve a world in crisis’.
Future News Worldwide is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world's leading media organisations. The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
Each year we bring together 100 of the world's most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training programme. Participants receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
The Competition is open to individuals of any nationality who meet all the criteria below:
- Aged 18-25 on 1 July 2021.
- A registered undergraduate or postgraduate student (of any subject), enrolled at a university or higher education institution OR a recent graduate who completed their course after 1 July 2019.
- A native speaker of English OR able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent.
- No previous participation in the in-person Future NEWS or Future News Worldwide conference in Edinburgh or London.
- NB: Those who applied for the 2020 conference should have received a message to their registered email address they used when applying last year.
- Dedicated to a career in journalism in any form.
- Available to attend the online conference on either 14 or 15 July 2021.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Entry to the Competition is free of charge, although participants are responsible for any costs incurred connecting to the internet.
The Competition is not open to British Council employees or contractors (including members of their immediate families) or anyone else professionally associated with the Competition. We reserve the right not to award the prize or to select an alternative winner if we are aware or have reasonable grounds to believe that the winner is not eligible.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.