The National Institute for the Humanities and the Social Sciences (NIHSS) and the South African BRICS Think Tank (SABTT) are pleased to invite suitably qualified researchers and postgraduate students in South African universities and research institutes to apply for the BRICS Researching and Teaching Mobility Grants.
The objectives of the BRICS research and teaching initiative are to provide a platform for researchers and academics to exchange ideas and to generate evidence-based policy recommendations in the identified BRICS thematic areas. These themes are:
- Promoting cooperation for economic growth and development.
- The maintaining of peace and security.
- Social justice, sustainable development and quality of life.
- Political and economic governance.
- Achieving progress by sharing knowledge and innovation.
- Online application form (See in the "Further official information" link)
- A comprehensive CV.
- Motivational letter (not longer than one A4 page – 500 words).
- Copy of ID/Passport.
- Proof of Registration.
- Letter of acceptance of invite fr om a BRICS researcher.
- Letter of recommendation from the host university.
- An itemised budget.
- A letter of recommendation from the home university and provisional acceptance from the BRICS institution in the case of postgraduate students. This may only be uploaded by the student’s supervisor
Please direct all enquiries to Dr Elias Phaahla at: BRICSfirstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
CLOSING DATE: 30 SEPTEMBER 2016
For more information click "Further official information" below.