Bogliasco Fellowships are awarded to gifted individuals working in all the disciplines of the Arts and Humanities without regard to nationality, age, race, religion or gender.
To be eligible for the award of a Fellowship, applicants should demonstrate significant achievement in their disciplines, commensurate with their age and experience. Please note that Bogliasco Fellowships are not awarded to students currently in a degree-granting program. The Foundation gives preference to those whose applications suggest that they would be comfortable working in an intimate, international, multilingual community of scholars and artists.
- Children cannot be accommodated at the Study Center.
- Overnight visits by friends, colleagues or family members are not possible.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Reapplications: There is no limit to the number of times a candidate can apply for a Bogliasco Fellowship. However, previous recipients of a Bogliasco Fellowship must wait five years before reapplying. For example, Bogliasco Fellows who were in residence during the spring 2013 semester are eligible to reapply for spring 2018.
- The Foundation does not allow Fellows to defer their residencies. A Fellow who turns down a Bogliasco Fellowship must reapply to be considered for another semester.
- Those with food allergies or other dietary restrictions should contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting an application.
- Those who have problems walking up and down stairs or steep inclines should contact the Foundation at email@example.com before submitting an application.
- At the minimum, Fellows must be able to speak conversational English to communicate in this international community, where the common language is typically English.
Bogliasco Fellowships include full room and board, plus the use of a private studio. The cost of transportation to and from the Bogliasco Study Center is the responsibility of Fellows and their accompanying spouses/partners. So also are all project materials and equipment, and any personal expenses incurred during the fellowship period, including medical expenses. Spouses/partners will be charged a daily fee of $25 to help defray the cost of meals and housing.
Deadlines for the submission of applications are as follows:
January 15th for residencies during the subsequent fall semester, and April 15th for residences during the subsequent spring semester.
Notification dates for the award of Fellowships are as follows:
April 1st for Fall Fellowships; July 1st for Spring Fellowships.
OUR ONLINE APPLICATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED AND WILL REOPEN IN SEPTEMBER
If you decide to submit an application for a Bogliasco Fellowship and have questions, please feel free to contact the Foundation office:
The Bogliasco Foundation
1 East 53rd Street (8th Floor)
New York, NY 10022
Tel +1 212 486-0874
Fax +1 212 308-7402
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.