A. WILHELMSEN FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate must apply for admission to, and be accepted in, a Master of Science programme at BI Norwegian Business School.
Who can apply:
Residents of countries outside Norway.
Wilhelmsen's many areas of activity are the Baltic region, Russia, Portugal and the Caribbean. Candidates from these regions are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
All applicants must write a scholarship application letter for this specific scholarship. The letter should be maximum one page to be uploaded with your application for admission. You are advised to include your goals and motivation for studying at BI, your career ambitions, and how you feel that you can contribute to the programme and study environment. It is also important to include information regarding family and economic situation, and explain why you feel the scholarship is necessary for you to fulfill your ambitions.
Grades from previous studies, previous experiences, personal ambitions and financial need are part of the decision criteria.
Selection of Recipient
A committee consisting of representatives from A. Wilhelmsen Foundation and BI Norwegian Business School will carry out the selection of scholarship recipients. BI aims for a national and international mix in the student body. Hence, priority may be given to applicants from selected countries, selected partner schools of BI, or enrolled in priority master's programmes. Preference is given to applicants seeking to earn their first master’s degree.
The final decision cannot be appealed.
The value of this scholarship is and the size of the scholarship is NOK 75.000, per semester. The scholarship will be administered by BI who is also responsible for the academic follow-up of the recipients. Study progression by the recipients will be followed, and scholarship payments for each semester of the master's degree is dependent of satisfactory study progression, as outlined in the Scholarship Contract.
No internship, thesis counseling or job opportunities are attached to this scholarship, but previous recipients have been able to make personal agreements when possibilities have arisen.
Conditions for Renewal for Second Year:
- Full study progression (30 ECTS) in each semester.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a "B" on the BI ECTS scale after completion of each academic semester.
- Candidates who are awarded the scholarship must be prepared to be "BI Ambassadors", acting as spokespeople, assisting in recruitment efforts and promoting a good study environment. The details regarding responsibilities will be specified in the Scholarship Contract.
Number of Scholarships
For the academic year commencing Autumn 2018, one scholarship is available.
Please note that it is not possible to apply for a scholarship directly through the Wilhelmsen Foundation. Please direct all inquiries and applications to Master's Administration at BI Norwegian Business School.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship; however, BI Norwegian Business School will award only one scholarship per student.
- International candidates who are eligible for a regular student loan through the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (have at least 180 ECTS from a Norwegian educational institution) may apply for the BI Presidential Scholarship only. You do not qualify for a stipend for living costs.
- Candidates who have already earned a master’s degree are not given priority for scholarships.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: