Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship
Let's get started by taking a look at the things you need to know now.
- This Scholarship is for students living in rural and regional Australia.
- Any subject can be studied under this scholarship as long as it is at a degree level in an approved Australian course.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Only first time university students wishing to study full-time in 2017 can apply.
- You must demonstrate the disadvantage (economic and/or social) hindering your ability to undertake further study.
- Accommodation? Yes, it's covered. This scholarship supports accommodation costs, reducing the financial burden of paying rent.
- Study resources? Books and computers are a must for you to get through your studies so it makes sense for these must-have items to be covered.
- How much? The scholarship award value is $5,000 per year.
- How long? The scholarship covers one full year of study but, depending on your academic performance it may be renewed for a second year.
- Deferring? Scholarship funds cannot be put on lay-by so if you're planning a gap year you'll have to wait to apply.
- Mature age? Only secondary school leavers who graduate in 2016, or 2015 having taken a gap year, can apply for this scholarship.
- Started another course? This scholarship is for first time tertiary students only.
- Work part-time? The study and work life balance can be quite a juggle and we know that in reality part-time work is essential to get by, as long as you're studying full-time this scholarship is for you.
Applications close at midnight (AEDT) 27 January 2017.
- You must have your Year 12 results and university letter of offer before applying online.
- You can commence your application then save it so you can come back and complete it when you have your required information.
- We receive hundreds of applications. Think about your story, the challenges you have faced as well as your hopes for your future education and career.
- Have your references briefed and ready to be included in your application.
- Quotes/estimates – obtain quotes / estimates or research the study related costs you will face during your first year of university e.g. quotes on accommodation costs (university provided or private) , estimates of costs of study related expenses such as textbooks, supplies, equipment (computers, printers etc).
- Don't leave your application until the last minute. Give yourself plenty of time to complete the application process.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: