Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre PhD Scholarship
About this scholarship
Applications for BCEC PhD Scholarships are invited from research students in the field of applied economic and social research, including but not restricted to quantitative modelling, economic, social and health policy research, applied econometrics, public policy or economic geography, leading to the award of a PhD degree in Curtin Business School at Curtin University.
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Australian Permanent Resident
- Australian Citizen
- International students
- New Zealand Citizen
These scholarships provide an attractive stipend of $34,380 per annum tax free for up to a maximum duration of three and a half years.
Scholarships are funded by Bankwest and Curtin University to support and foster the further development of world-class applied economic research on issues of relevance to Western Australia and nationally.
Suitable topics for PhD scholars can fall under one of the following general themes, which represent the Centre's areas of research focus:
- economic policy forecasting and evaluation;
- regional economic policy;
- trade and industrial economics;
- labour, workforce and productivity;
- population growth and dynamics;
- income, wealth and housing;
- health, wellbeing and disadvantage.
Candiates are welcome to discuss potential research topics with the Centre Director or Centre researchers.
- Have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded as having an equivalent level of attainment;
- not previously have held an Australian Government-funded postgraduate research scholarship, unless it was terminated within six months of the scholarship’s payments commencing; and
- not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the APA stipend rate to undertake the HDR.
Conditions that need to be met to keep your scholarship
Each successful candidate will receive a set of conditions of award with the offer letter which will outline the student's obligation in receipt of the scholarship.
How to apply
Please email your application to:
Professor Alan Duncan
Director, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre
Your application should contain the following:
- A cover letter outlining your research interests, and your reason/s for applying to do your Doctoral research study at the Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre;
- Current CV;
- Copies of published, web-published or working papers or dissertation-based research (maximum of 5).
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to submit an online admission application.
Any query regarding these scholarships, please email: email@example.com
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: