Call for proposals: BIS Research Fellowship
The Bank for International Settlements invites research proposals from academics for its Research Fellowship programme. Fellowships will be awarded to scholars who have established a strong reputation in their field and whose proposal allows for fruitful collaboration with BIS economists.
Successful candidates will be invited to the BIS's Monetary and Economic Department (MED) for short periods, ranging from a few days to several weeks (not exceeding a maximum period of three months for a larger project). The fellowship assignment can also be divided into a series of short visits for the different stages of a co-authored paper. Candidates will conduct economic research on policy-related issues of relevance to the BIS. The programme aims to:
- promote policy-relevant research that meets the highest academic standards;
- allow prominent scholars to gain an insight into the policymaking environment of the BIS; and
- foster joint research between academics and BIS economists.
Location and facilities
Research fellows will be based at the BIS Head Office in Basel, Switzerland, or at the BIS Representative Office in either Hong Kong SAR or Mexico City. They will have access to the BIS Library and data archives and to computing and statistical facilities needed for their research.
Application procedure and deadline
Applications for the research fellowship programme should be received by 15 December 2017. Applicants will be notified during January 2018. Applications for later programmes will be reviewed twice every year (application deadlines to be announced).
Applications should be submitted in English and must include:
- a one-page summary of the research work that the candidate proposes to carry out at the BIS, specifying the objectives of the work, the methodological, statistical and computing requirements involved, and the approximate time needed to complete the research and prepare submissions;
- suggestions for possible co-authorships with BIS staff, and;
- a detailed curriculum vitae, including details of the candidate's publication record.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.