Faculty of Culture and Society Doctoral Scholarships
These scholarships are part of a group of Strategic Scholarships for the Faculty of Culture and Society.
To encourage and stimulate full-time domestic and international students in a Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy for the School of Education.
The scholarships are open to all eligible Domestic and International postgraduate students. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- • Applicants must meet the entry criteria for the Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy programme at AUT in the Faculty of Culture and Society.
- • Applicants must be enrolling or be enrolled in a doctoral programme of study and be prepared to commit to their research full-time in the School of Education.
- • The applicant’s proposed field of study must be one where the School of Education has the expertise and capacity to offer supervision.
• The Faculty Scholarships Committee will form the selection panel or may, where appropriate, establish a selection panel in the School of Education to recommend recipients for the award to be confirmed by the Faculty Scholarships Committee.
• Selection of scholars will be based on academic merit, references, publications, professional background and the strategic importance of the research to the School of Education. Consideration will also be given to strategic equity objectives.
• Preference will be given to new students and applicants whose research aligns with the strategic research interests of the School of Education.
• Where a scholarship is not awarded in any particular year, these funds will be reallocated to provide for additional Strategic Scholarships as specified in the Faculty of Culture and Society Strategic Scholarships Terms of Reference.
• The decision of the Faculty Scholarships Committee is final.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.