Beginner's Turkish, 18 September-6 November, 2017
Course Description: The course is designed for students who have no previous knowledge of Turkish language. The purpose of this course is to familiarize students with the general knowledge of the language and to introduce some basic tenses, grammatical rules, syntactic structure, practical vocabulary and some expressions related to simple daily life. The course will equally focus on enhancing speaking, reading and writing skills throughout 7 weeks. The course has an interactive approach and at the end of the course students are expected to be able to join in basic conversation and talk about their daily activities in present, past and future tenses. Each week of the course has a special theme. Themed lessons will give students the opportunity to obtain a general understanding of Turkish culture, modern literature, the art of Turkish political cartoons, Turkish media, folk, etc.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.