Beginner’s Italian, 19 September – 15 December, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
This course is designed for absolute beginners who are interested in learning the Italian language and culture. This is an opportunity to study the language of arts, music, design, architecture, opera and food, as well to get socio-cultural knowledge about the country that hosts over 60 percent of the world’s cultural heritage sites.
During the course, the first language use is minimized. The methods are communicative and interactive which makes the learning process challenging and fun. The emphasis is put on communication; thus students speak Italian from the first day. They are engaged in interactive language activities, participating in group and pair work. The course focuses as well on creative and critical thinking. At the end of each lesson there is a “one-minute paper” activity to prompt students to reflect on the day’s lesson and give a feedback.
- Comprehend and respond with grammatical accuracy to simple oral and written communication
- Acquire basic various vocabulary
- Make short presentations
- Participate in open discussions
- Acquire sociocultural knowledge (about Italian geography, cuisine, culture, lifestyle, etc.)
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.