ASEEES Summer Dissertation Writing Grants
Thanks to the generosity of donors and members, the Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies is offering a limited number of grants, with a maximum stipend of $6,000, for the purposes of summer dissertation writing on any aspect of Slavic, East European, and Eurasian studies in any discipline. The writing grant program is directed at PhD students at US universities who do not qualify for the ASEEES Dissertation Research Grant because they do not intend to conduct research in the region. Therefore, current or past recipients of the ASEEES Dissertation Research Grants are not eligible. Students may only receive ONE Summer Dissertation Writing Grant over the course of their graduate studies.
These awards may be held concurrently with other partial funding sources, but are intended to support students whose projects have not yet been supported with fully-funded fellowships or grants. The recipients should use the summer grant period to focus on writing and not accept other major responsibilities, such as full-time work.
- Applicant may be a graduate student of any nationality, in any discipline, currently enrolled in a PhD program in the United States
- Applicant must have successfully achieved PhD candidacy (ABD status) by the start of the proposed writing
- Applicant must be a student member of ASEEES at the time of application
- Applicant must commit to focusing on dissertation writing during the summer months (2-3 months), and not accept full-time work during that time (part-time work is allowed)
- Applicant may not be current or past recipient of an ASEEES Dissertation Research Grant.
- Applicant must not hold the Cohen-Tucker Dissertation Research or Dissertation Completion Fellowship, Fulbright-Hays DDRA, SSRC IDRF and other similarly fully-funded fellowships for the same dissertation project
The grant amount provides a maximum of $6,000 ($2,000/month)
NOTE: The grant does not support tuition and fee payments to the applicant’s US home institution.
Applications must be submitted by April 15 (Notifications will be made by May 15)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.