Calouste Gulbenkian Global Excellence Scholarship for Armenian Students 2016
The Armenian Communities Department of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is awarding four full scholarships (up to 50,000 USD) to top Armenian students worldwide enrolled in a PhD research programme within an internationally recognized university of excellence.
Innovative topics related to contemporary issues and debates, in the area of the humanities and the social sciences, are privileged. Armenian studies is excluded as there is a specific scholarship programme for it.
The objectives of the programme are to foster high quality research and to build new collaborative linkages between Armenian researchers and global networks of innovation
- A copy of the candidate’s passport (main page with personal data)
- Birth or baptism certificate, or an equivalent document attesting to the Armenian heritage, translated into English, if the original is not in English or French
- Attested copies of university certificates and grade-sheets (last academic year), with grades’ clarification letter, translated into English, if originals are not in English or French
- 2 letters of recommendation from (i) a professor in the applicant’s field and (ii) the supervisor
- A complete research proposal with abstract (max. 5 pages), describing the research problem, the framework of the research, a description of the way in which the problem will be approached and the proposed research methodology, the scientific scope, a prospective time-line, as well as the theoretical and empiric sources used
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- A full curriculum vitae including list of academic publications (if any)
- Statement from the supervisor confirming the intention to supervise the candidate
- A one-page statement as to how the candidate plans to contribute to the Armenian community during his/her studies or upon graduation.
Application Applications must be filled out online at: http://www.gulbenkian.pt/Institucional/en/Activities/ArmenianCommunities?a=2286
The application process for the 2016-2017 academic year will open on the 1 st of January 2016 and the deadline for applications is the 29 th of February 2016 (midnight, London time). The final decisions will be published during May 2016.
Questions and further information: email@example.com