Visiting Senior Research Fellowship
Under the auspices of the Henry Luce Foundation, USA, in conjunction with the Asian Graduate Student Fellowship (AGSF) Program at the Asia Research Institute (ARI), National University of Singapore (NUS), we seek to appoint 3 outstanding and research active Visiting Senior Research Fellows. The fellowship is intended to enable the sharing of expertise in the Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian topics and to harness world-class research capability by collaborating with other international experts in the field. Interdisciplinary interests are encouraged. The fellowship will allow the recipients to be based at NUS for an ‘in residence fellowship’ for a period of 3 months. While successful candidates will be able to work on their research in the SE Asian region, they are also expected to be actively involved in the mentoring of students from the AGSF Program and delivering research seminars.
1. Candidates must have at least 5 years extensive research experience after their PhD and a strong publication record in the field.
2. Candidates should remain in active employment at their home institution, based in the USA.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Interested applicants are invited to e-mail:Applications for Visiting Senior Research Fellow are invited for commencement in May 2016 (to be based in Singapore for 3 months).
1. The Visiting Senior Research Fellow will be provided with a monthly honorarium of S$6000. Subsidized housing will be available. The subsidy will be subjected to taxation in accordance with local tax laws.
2. For the Visiting Senior Research Fellow appointment, medical benefits, travel assistance, access to the libraries at NUS and working space at ARI will be provided.
3. The Visiting Senior Research Fellow is expected to actively participate in the mentoring of graduate students who come in through the AGSF Program for a period of eight weeks. You will also be expected to deliver a lecture at the “Singapore Graduate Forum on Southeast Asian Studies” which is held at the end of this program.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications, consisting of:
- A completed application form (click here for Application Form). Please ensure you complete all sections of the form and submit it to us in MS Word (or equivalent) editable formats only. If a section is not applicable to your application, please enter ‘NA’
- Curriculum Vitae
- Synopsis of the proposed research project (minimum of 2 and maximum of 10 single-lined pages)
- At least one short sample of published work, preferably in English
- A minimum of two letters of reference are to be sent to us in confidence via email reporting on the applicant’s academic standing and on the applicant’s research project by 23 January 2016
- Please advise your referees that reference letters should clearly state your name, position and cluster applied for
- Closing date for applications is 23 January 2016. You may wish to check with your referees that they have submitted their references before the closing date
- All applications are to be e-mailed to Mdm Kalaichelvi
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: