Visiting Senior Research Fellowship
Under the auspices of the Henry Luce Foundation, USA, in conjunction with the Asian Graduate Student Fellowship (AGSF) Program at the Asia Research Institute (ARI), National University of Singapore (NUS), we seek to appoint 3 outstanding and research active Visiting Senior Research Fellows. The fellowship is intended to enable the sharing of expertise in the Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian topics and to harness world-class research capability by collaborating with other international experts in the field. Interdisciplinary interests are encouraged. The fellowship will allow the recipients to be based at NUS for an ‘in residence fellowship’ for a period of 3 months. While successful candidates will be able to work on their research in the SE Asian region, they are also expected to be actively involved in the mentoring of students from the AGSF Program and delivering research seminars.
1. Candidates must have at least 5 years extensive research experience after their PhD and a strong publication record in the field.
2. Candidates should remain in active employment at their home institution, based in the USA.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications, consisting of:
- A completed application form (click here for Application Form). Please ensure you complete all sections of the form and submit it to us in MS Word (or equivalent) editable formats only. If a section is not applicable to your application, please enter ‘NA’
- Curriculum Vitae
- Synopsis of the proposed research project (minimum of 2 and maximum of 10 single-lined pages)
- At least one short sample of published work, preferably in English
- A minimum of two letters of reference are to be sent to us in confidence via email reporting on the applicant’s academic standing and on the applicant’s research project by 23 January 2016
- Please advise your referees that reference letters should clearly state your name, position and cluster applied for
- Closing date for applications is 23 January 2016. You may wish to check with your referees that they have submitted their references before the closing date
- All applications are to be e-mailed to Mdm Kalaichelvi