Build an app that the world will notice.
Welcome to the 2016 AdMob Student App Challenge. If you’re a student with a great idea for a mobile app, here’s your chance to build your app, learn how to make money from it, and win awesome prizes. Just make sure you enter by June 28, 2016.
To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be:
(1) above the age of majority in the country, state, province or jurisdiction of residence (or at least twenty years old in Taiwan) at the time of entry;
(2) not a resident of Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Quebec, Sudan, or Syria;
(3) not a person or entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions;
(4) actively enrolled as a student at any educational institution; and
(5) have access to the Internet during the Contest Period. Contest is void in Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Quebec, Sudan, Syria, and where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Google Inc., and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities”), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time. For clarification, Google student ambassadors and Google Developer Group members are not considered Contest Entities based solely on their status as Google student ambassadors and Google Developer Group members, and may participate if they are otherwise eligible.
Failure to meet any of these Contest requirements may result in the disqualification of you and your team from the Contest. If you are entering as part of a team of up to five (5) persons, you represent that all persons individually have full knowledge of your actions and these Rules and fully agree to these Rules. If you are entering as part of a company or on behalf of your employer, these Rules are binding on you, individually, and/or your employer. If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a prize. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employer’s or company’s policies and procedures.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter the Contest, visit the Contest website located at https://www.google.com/admob/challenge (“Contest Site”) during the Contest Period and follow the instructions for submitting a mobile application that is available in the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store, using AdMob to monetize your application, and submitting a business report that summarizes the business strategy (“Mobile Application”). The Mobile Application must meet the “Mobile Application Requirements,” described below.
Contestants may consist of a single individual or team of up to five (5) individual team members, all of whom meet the eligibility criteria (“Contestant”). LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER CONTESTANT. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on June 28, 2016. AdMob campaigns for each Contestant may run anytime between 12:00 A.M. (PT) on January 28, 2016 and 11:59 P.M. (PT) on June 28, 2016. Entries are void if they are in whole or part illegible, incomplete, damaged, altered, counterfeit, obtained through fraud, or late. All entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder for that email address. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email address for the domain.
Each entry will be judged by a panel of experts who are either employees of Sponsor and/or appointed by the Sponsor ("Judges"). During Phase 1 and Phase 2, Sponsor will judge each entry. For Phase 3, each entry will be judged by a panel of six experts.
Finalist. Each member of a Contestant selected as Finalist will receive: (i) a Nexus 7 (or local equivalent); and (ii) will be identified on the AdMob website (www.google.com/admob). Approximate Retail Value of $1220 USD.
PRIZES FOR GRAND PRIZE WINNER: The Contestant selected as Grand Prize Winner will be mentioned on AdMob’s social channels and identified on the AdMob website (www.google.com/admob). Grand Prize Winners whose Mobile Applications are available in the Google Play Store will also be featured on the Google Play Store and the Google Play Store's social media channels, for a duration at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Each member of the Contestant selected as the Grand Prize Winner will receive: (i) a seven-night trip to San Francisco, including one day at the Google Headquarters in Mountain View, California to meet with Googlers and learn about Google products (“Trip Award”); (ii) a Nexus 7 (or local equivalent); (iii) an invitation to be interviewed and filmed by the Google marketing team for the purpose of creating promotional marketing materials for Google regarding the Contest, Contestant will be provided a copy of the completed marketing materials created solely by Google for Contestant’s own use for marketing purposes. Approximate retail value is $47,500 USD. The Trip Award will include: (1) round-trip airfare (coach) for each individual member of the winning Contestant to travel from the major airport closest to the individual’s residence to San Francisco, California; (2) double-occupancy hotel accommodation at Sponsor’s discretion for seven nights in San Francisco, California; and (3) all reasonable food, transportation, and entertainment expenses incurred during the Contestant’s sevennight stay in San Francisco (not to exceed $150 USD per day per team member of Contestant). Certain black out dates apply. Grand Prize Winners are responsible for any other expenses including cost to obtain a passport or visa and any other incidental travel cost not expressly stated above, including but not limited to passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses. Prize is not redeemable for cash. The approximate retail value may be adjusted depending on the state or jurisdiction of residence of the winner.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: