Accelerated full-time International MBA students
From 2016, UQ Business School is offering up to two (2) 100% tuition-fee waiver scholarships to outstanding international students commencing the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program (and MBA articulation pathway) in January of each year. The scholarship is available to students who undertake their MBA studies equivalent to Accelerated full-time study as defined by UQ Business School.
Further information is available from the MBA Student Liaison team. Telephone +61 7 3346 8100 or email - email@example.com
What is the scholarship?
The scholarship will entitle the successful applicants to receive a 100% discount on their course tuition fees for the minimum number of units required to complete the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program unless otherwise stated.
The scholarship will be renewed at the end of each semester of the program if the holder:
(a) obtains satisfactory grades; and
(b) makes a satisfactory rate of progress towards completing the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program;
(c) fulfills the obligations* of the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program; and
(d) remains a full-time MBA student.
The Academic Dean and Head of School alone will determine the meaning of the word “satisfactory” for the purpose of (a) and (b) above.
*Obligations of the scholarship holder are to:
- commence study in January including the MBA orientation event; and
- complete all 12 courses within the MBA program course list (no substitutions permitted); and
- fulfill all requirements associated with their student visa; and
- diligently and to the best of their ability apply themselves to the successful completion of the full-time (12 month) MBA program; and
- conform to The University of Queensland rules, regulations, policies, and procedures (including disciplinary provisions); and
- not defer or otherwise interrupt studies; and
- notify the Academic Dean and Head of School in writing if:
- they are absent for any reason (other than officially timetabled study breaks) for a period of 7 daysor more from the place of study, except with prior approval from the MBA Director.
Scholarship holders who do not continue to meet all of the requirements in (a), (b), (c), and (d) as stated above will forfeit the scholarship. This will result in the scholarship being withdrawn, and the student will not be eligible to reapplyfor the scholarship.
The University of Queensland may require the scholarship holder to repay the tuition-fee waiver amount if the student fails to:
- meet all of the requirements in (a), (b), (c), and (d) as stated above; or
- successfully pass a course (grade of 4 or higher).
How to apply?
Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
- have already submitted an application for entry into the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program and be eligible to receive an ‘unconditional’ offer for admission^. That is, you must have met the official entry criteria for acceptance into the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program (including GMAT, English Language proficiency, and work experience); and
- provide a personal statement of no more than 1000 words (use 1.5 spacing and 12 point font) in support of your application. This statement should:
- explain why you want to undertake the MBA at UQ Business School; and
- describe what value you think you will bring to your fellow MBA students; and
- outline your long-term career goals; and
- provide evidence of your leadership skills and community involvement; and
- outline how you will add value to the MBA program; and
- supply two written references as follows:
- a professional reference from a current or former (recent) supervisor or manager; and
- a character reference; and
- attend an interview if required—in Australia or via video-conference/skype/phone. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted as required to arrange a suitable time; and
- NOT have been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by UQ Business School.
Applications for admission to the full-time (12 month) MBA program should be submitted separately to your scholarship application. Details to apply for admission into the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program are located on the Courses and Programs website.
Submitting an application
Scholarship applications are to be received by 31 October in the year prior to commencement of the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program with a covering letter addressed to the MBA Director, and submitted to:
Coordinator, MBA Student Liaison Officers
UQ Business School
Terms and conditions
Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of the scholarship selection process as soon as possible after the closing date. No late applications will be considered. Not every scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis. Scholarships are limited and awarded on a competitive basis.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the MBA Director whose decision is final.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: