Aberystwyth University Foundation Scholarship for Vietnam
We are pleased to offer five scholarships (in the form of discounts on undergraduate fees) to Vietnamese nationals who complete an International Foundation Certificate at the University’s International English Centre (IEC) in the academic year 2016-17.
Vietnamese students who successfully complete an IEC International Foundation Certificate at the level required for entry into their department at Aberystwyth University will receive a £1,000 a year reduction on undergraduate fees, up to a total of £3,000. The Foundation Scholarship for Vietnam may be held together with other Aberystwyth University scholarships.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarships will be awarded to the first five successful Vietnamese applicants to the International Foundation Certificate in 2016-17. Applicants will be advised of scholarship availability in their offer letter, and the scholarship will be confirmed when the University issues a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies letter) for the International Foundation Certificate.
- These Scholarships are open to applicants who hold Vietnamese passports, are normally resident in Vietnam, are self-funding and pay fees at the international rate. These scholarships are not available to students who are sponsored by their government.
- The Foundation Scholarships for Vietnam are for students applying to study a full degree (not gaining entry to Years 2 or 3 of the course).
- These Scholarships can be held at the same time as any Aberystwyth University Scholarships including the £6,000 Aberystwyth International Scholarship (AIS) and the £8,000 International Excellence Scholarship).
- Students must apply for their undergraduate degree at Aberystwyth and pay their deposit by 30th June 2017, in order to avail of the scholarships.
- All international candidates are required to demonstrate the ability to fund their studies including their living expenses in accordance with the University’s obligations under our Tier 4 license and UK Visa & Immigration Rules. Scholarships will be awarded subject to the University receiving all necessary documentation to complete the application to study e.g. copies of transcripts, confirmation of English language ability, photocopy of passport, financial declaration form, deposit etc.
- It is not necessary to apply for the Scholarship – if a student is eligible, a Scholarship will automatically be allocated to them, and they will be informed.
- These Scholarships are awarded on the understanding that candidates do not intend to remain in the UK after completion of their studies.
- Any Agent commission will be based on the net fee paid by the student.