PAIS is delighted to confirm that 8 scholarships are available for students commencing MA study in Autumn 2017. The award will automatically be deducted from the winners' tuition fees.
The awards will be allocated as follows:
- Four £5000 awards for Home or EU candidates.
- Four £10,000 awards for Overseas candidates.
- Part-time candidates will be considered; successful part-time awards will be distributed evenly across both years of study (eg, £2500 in each year for a Home candidate).
Eligibility & Deadlines
- Open to applicants on all PAIS taught MA programmes, including the Double Degrees (Warwick year only).
- Candidates must apply to the university and have paid their application fee no later no later than 28 April 2017. You must submit your application to the MA programme before submitting your scholarship application.
- Candidates must apply for the scholarship no later than 28 April 2017.
- All supporting documentation for the university application, including your reference, must be received no later than 12 May 2017.
- Successful candidates must obtain an offer from the university before taking up the award.
- Candidates may apply concurrently to other funding sources; however, successful candidates who receive major tuition funding elsewhere will be disqualified
Each application will be judged on the following merits:
- Outstanding academic performance (70%)
- Outstanding case for support (30%)
Please note that this is not a needs-based scholarship, so your financial situation will not be taken into account.
The primary factor determining an application's success is the strength of the case for support. This case for support should demonstrate why you fit the above criteria as well as reflect your motivations for choosing to do a postgraduate degree in your specialisation. Your case for support should be no more than 800 words in length and should differ from the statement of purpose submitted with your application to the university.
The application forms will be available shortly. They should be completed and submitted via email to Melissa Venables no later 28 April 2017.
We aim to make a decision on applications within six weeks of the closing date. If you have not received the results of your application within seven weeks of the closing date, you may assume your application was not successful.
Warwick is one of the UK's leading universities, with an acknowledged reputation for excellence in research and teaching, for innovation, and for links with business and industry.
We’re a world-leading university with the highest academic and research standards. But we’re not letting the story end there.
That’s because we’re a place of possibility. We’re always looking for new ways to make things happen. Whether you’re a dedicated student, an innovative lecturer or an ambitious company, Warwick provides a tireless yet supportive environment in which you can make an impact.
And our students, alumni and staff are consistently making an impact - the kind that changes lives, whether close to home or on a global scale.
It’s the achievements of our people that help explain why our levels of research excellence and scholarship are recognised internationally.
It’s a prime attraction for some of the biggest names in worldwide business and industry.
It’s why we’re ranked highly in the lists of great UK and world universities.
All of this contributes to a compelling story, one that’s little more than 50 years old. But who said youth should hold you back from changing the world?
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Tel: +44 (0)24 7652 3523
Fax: +44 (0)24 7646 1606
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: