Are you currently teaching English (in English) to students aged 5-12, or are you going to do so in the near future? Do you support young learners with English in other ways, for example as a teaching assistant or mentor? If you would like to improve your classroom English and confidence using English with young learners, this is the course for you. Our practical approach will give you the opportunity to practise your skills and receive concrete, supportive feedback from our experienced teacher trainers of English.
During this course, you will activate and expand your teaching in English skills.
Course activities include:
- Developing your instruction language so you can set up and manage even the most complicated or unusual of learning tasks
- Giving a mini ‘lesson’ of 10 minutes to your peers and getting feedback
- Adding to your vocabulary and grammar knowledge so you can be more fluent in the classroom setting
- Dealing with student questions, concerns and misunderstandings in English
- Didactic skills: how could you improve or redesign an activity to make it more accessible or engaging as a way of learning English?
- Practising your teaching - experiment with a new activity type, or push yourself to use English more creatively.
- This course is suitable for people who have reached CEFR level B1.
To check your level, you will need to take the Babel placement test. This test consists of two parts: multiple choice questions and writing tasks. A teacher will assess your language skills. On the basis of your test result, you will be advised on a suitable course. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 5 working days to assess your language level.
Aim of the course
The purpose of this course is to improve your ability to teach in English with young learners, and to give you the skills you need to feel confident in this classroom setting.
Number of contact hours: 12 (4 x 3 hours)
Self-study and homework hours: 8
Total hours: 20
Course fee: €395
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.