Call for Applications: Dahlem Junior Host Program 2022
Funding program for academic staff: from the humanities, history and cultural studies at the Free University of Berlin
With the Dahlem Junior Host Program (DJHP), the Dahlem Humanities Center (DHC) supports the international networking of young scientists at Freie Universität Berlin. The DHC promotes
Academic staff: inside the humanities departments (FUB) as hosts: inside (junior hosts) of guest academics: inside and outside Germany
Funding amount: up to € 8,000 per application
Application deadline: October 1, 2021
Earliest start of the guest stay: February 2022
The program enables scientists in the doctoral and postdoc phase to invite a scientist to Freie Universität Berlin whose work is central to their research. The program of the guest stay is flexibly based on the academic objectives of the applicant. Possible concrete measures are, for example, the conception and work on joint publications, the editing of a joint research proposal, co-teaching projects, the implementation of digital humanities projects, the conception and implementation of your own science communication formats or the organization of one or more guest lectures and / or work meetings. Scientists of all career levels can be invited for a period of up to 12 weeks. It is desirable that the cooperation be carried out in Berlin. If this is not possible due to the pandemic, the cooperation can also take place online. In this case, an alternative concept to digital collaboration must be submitted.
For the implementation of scientific workshops, short stays for several guest researchers can also be applied for with the same maximum funding amount.
Application documents to be submitted
The application must be submitted by email by October 1, 2021 . Please send your documents as a PDF document in the order given below to the management of the Dahlem Humanities Center ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). The documents can be submitted in German or English .
- Completed application form (download)
- Application form for a guest invitation
- Application form for multiple invitations
- Letter of motivation including project outline: Please set out the specific goals of the invitation / cooperation as well as the planned measures during the guest stay / cooperation from a distance. Make it clear to what extent your own research project would benefit from the guest invitation. In addition, address the following points:
- If a guest is invited : schedule of the guest stay; max. 4 pages
- If several guests are invited (workshop) : Concept and program of the scientific event (including lecture / contribution topics) with reference to the own research project, reasons for the guest invitations, presentation of the scientific objectives; max. 4 pages
- Overview of requested funds (tentative calculation of travel and accommodation costs and material costs and services for the implementation of the projects); maximum amount that can be requested in total € 8,000; max. 2 pages
- In the case of online cooperation for pandemic reasons: alternative concept (type and form of cooperation and the projects to be carried out)
- Tabular CVs (including list of publications) of the applicant and the guest (s); max. 3 pages per CV
- Informal letter of support from the work area / project
- Brief, informal expression of interest (letter of intent) by the guest (s) to be invited
Eligibility to apply
Scientific employees (doctoral candidates and postdocs up to 6 years after the date of the disputation) who are members of the Department of Philosophy and Humanities or the Department of History and Cultural Studies at Freie Universität Berlin at the time of application and the planned guest stay are eligible to apply . Child-rearing periods within the period are taken into account at a flat rate of two years per child under 12 years of age.
Employees in the departments of the humanities, history and cultural studies institutes are particularly invited to apply; In the case of applications from employees / scholarship holders from research associations, clusters and other third-party funded institutions, it must be explained why the planned activity cannot be financed from project funds.
As part of the DJHP, funds to finance the travel and stay of a guest or several guests and the implementation of joint projects totaling € 8,000 can be applied for. The funds to be awarded are lump sums for guest stays and projects, not funds to finance jobs. The requested guest stay can commence on February 1, 2022 at the earliest and must commence on October 17, 2022 at the latest.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.