From the Department of Art History of the University of Murcia, and within the framework of the Proyecto de Investigación I+D Excelencia "El documental de arte en España (1939-1975)": HAR2017-83666-P, granted by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness, we are pleased to announce that the I International Congress on the Art Documentary: Creation, Heritage and Propaganda is already underway with the opening of the deadline for submission of scientific proposals (papers and posters). This meeting, which follows the trajectory begun in 2009 with the Festival de Cine y Patrimonio (Film and Heritage Festival) and continued in the seven editions of the Jornadas de Cine y Patrimonio (Days of Film and Heritage), will be held from 22 to 24 September 2021 at the University of Murcia. The objective is to achieve the maximum scientific quality of the research proposals with the approach to this cinematographic genre from different perspectives in order to exchange different points of view, experiences and methodologies. In this sense, the following thematic lines have been established:
- Historical development of art documentaries in European and Latin American national cinematography.
- The artist and his work. The process of creating an art documentary: dialogues and approaches.
- Audio-visual production in Museums, Art Centres, Exhibitions and Foundations. Art documentaries and historical-artistic heritage.
- Functions of the art documentary: historical document, research, didactic resource, tourist promotion, advertising.
- The documentary of experimental art: hybridizations, miscegenation and manipulations in the new audio-visual technologies.
- Poster and Panels: Research Projects, Networks, Doctoral Theses, Teaching Innovation Projects and TFM (Master Thesis). New sources for the study and dissemination of art documentaries.
On the congress website you can consult the information on the congress, which will be expanded as the dates progress, offering deadlines, programmes, registration system, deposit for abstracts and for definitive works, etc.
We hope to bring together in this forum all those researchers, new or experienced, who wish to make known their scientific contributions in any of the sections contemplated, where debate is encouraged in a stimulating work environment.
Therefore, we invite everyone to participate and disseminate this information to those who might be interested.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.