The Pradap Kow Scholarship Fund is an endowment established by the estate of Mr Koh Choon Joo (deceased) in remembrance of his wife, Madam Pradap Kow who was also a teacher during her time. The income generated from the invested fund is used to fund postgraduate scholarships.
Eligibility to Apply
- Master's programme (by Research) at the National Institute of Education.
- Area of research shall have direct implications for pedagogy or education policy in Singapore.
- Preference shall be given to Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents.
Tenure of Award
- The Scholarship shall be awarded to the candidate for a maximum of two years of study.
- The candidate must, when awarded the Scholarship, undertake to study on a full-time basis.
Value of Award
- A monthly stipend as follows:
For Master's candidates
Singapore Permanent Resident
1 With effect from 1 August 2015, Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions shall be provided at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer's contribution rate set by CPF, on top of the monthly stipend received.
2 International Students must perform teaching/ laboratory supervision duties to fulfil the requirements of the Graduate Assistantship Programme (GAP). Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents may perform GAP at the discretion of the schools.
- The Scholarship will also cover the amount of Research Fee and Computer Fee for a maximum of two years of study.
- There shall be no bond of service in Singapore attached to the Scholarship.
The area of research shall have direct implications for pedagogy or education policy in Singapore.
In making its recommendations, the selection committee shall consider the following:
- Academic record
- Research proposal
- Work experience
Applicants would also have been required to meet the general entry requirements to Masters' programme and other specific conditions.
Withdrawal of Award
The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if in the opinion of the University / NIE the progress or behaviour of the scholar has not been satisfactory.
Applications must be made on the prescribed forms and uploaded to the online application system for admission to the Masters by Research Programme.
Frequency of Award
Subject to the University's prevailing spending policy, the scholarship may be awarded in each academic year. However, the Selection Committee can decide not to award the scholarship if there are no suitable candidates.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.