Fully-funded PhD positions in Biomedical Sciences
Are you passionate about discovering the basis of health and disease, and applying your findings to answer clinically-relevant questions? Are you interested in one of the following topics?
- Cardiovascular research and metabolic diseases
- Cancer and immunology
- Medical systems biology
- Clinical research
- Data science and artificial intelligence
We are committed to meet today’s challenges in biology and medicine and realize that excellent science requires outstanding researchers. If you aspire to be one of them – welcome to the MDC!
- An excellent scientific, international and collaborative learning environment
- Individualised PhD supervision & mentoring
- Support of the thesis committee
- Advanced scientific, research-related & methods training
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure & core facilities
- Regular lectures, journal clubs & seminar series
- Participation in one of our specialised research programs
- A structured program for personal & career development
- Participation in PhD symposia, retreats & social activities
- Travel grants for external courses & conferences
- Active alumni network
Students may, in addition, join our MDC-NYU PhD Exchange Program in Medical Systems Biology, iNAMES – MDC-Weizmann Helmholtz International Research School for Imaging from NAno to MESo, or become associated with the interdisciplinary HEIBRiDS Data Science School.