INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB) DIPLOMA
WITH A FOCUS ON EUROPEAN STUDIES AT THE NEW SCHOOL, TBILISI, GEORGIA
The IB Diploma Programme with a focus on European Studies will be delivered by New School in Tbilisi, Georgia, an authorised IB School since 2010 and a partner of the European Union.
The scholarship covers the full two-year cycle of the IB Diploma Programme, plus boarding costs, where relevant.
The scholarship will be awarded in the first academic year and will be automatically extended to the second academic year, subject to the students' successful completion of year 1. Students will not need to reapply for a scholarship in their second year.
Included in the scholarship:
Tuition fees for academic year 2021/2022 for the European focused International Baccalaureate Programme at the New School located in Tbilisi, Georgia.
Boarding in Tbilisi, Georgia, including meals. Students will be accommodated in the on-campus dormitory at New School premises. Round trips between Tbilisi and family residence, during school breaks.
Allowance for local transportation, accessible to each student on a personal debit card of the Bank of Georgia. Study materials and resources needed for students to perform in the programme (books, laptops, calculators, and smartphones for the duration of the studies). Participation in EU sponsored seminars, conferences, study tours and other events. Medical insurance, including dental care.
The scholarship does not include:
Direct transfers of funds or cash to students or students' families.
Domestic or international travel to/from Tbilisi of students' family members.
Eligible applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Be a citizen of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova or Ukraine and be able to receive an international travel document to go to Georgia.
2. Reside in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova or Ukraine at the time of application.
3. Meet the grade/age requirements set for their country, as set out in the chart below:
|Country||Eligible Grades (As of Application Submission)||Eligible Age as of 1 September, 2021|
4. Be enrolled in a secondary school in one of the six countries at the time of application.
5. Demonstrate a minimum average of *70% of GPA over the previous and current year of secondary school studies.
6. Have previously studied English and demonstrated English language ability at the time of registration (**B2 Level and higher).
7. Knowledge of another EU language will be considered as an advantage.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: