UNICEF Youth Mediathon
In the wake of COVID-19, young people just like you feel they are no longer in control of their futures. From disrupted schooling, to increased anxiety, to the challenges of finding their first job in a recession and standing up for racial justice, they are uncertain about their next steps in life.
But what if you could tell leaders what you wanted to see change, and help other young people understand and take action? That’s what the UNICEF Youth Mediathon is all about – to help young content creators like you reimagine a better world.
The UNICEF Youth Mediathon is an online event that will give you the opportunity to improve your skills as a content creator, connect with other creatives, and develop content about the issues affecting young people today. 60 lucky applicants will win the chance to:
- Meet and learn storytelling skills from top content creators
- Receive mentorship from experienced professionals in creative fields
- Have your work published on Voices of Youth and other leading content platforms
Hosted on October 23 and 24, this two-day Mediathon will involve young creators from around the world, who will work in online groups of 4-6 to execute one project per team – be it a podcast, a video series on social media, a suite of blogs, a comic strip, or a photo essay. Each team will work with a mentor under one of the proposed themes:
- Reimagining the Future of Work and Education
- Reimagining a More Sustainable World
- Reimagining the Future of Wellbeing
- Reimagining an Future Without Discrimination
I'M IN! HOW CAN I JOIN?
The Voices of Youth team will select a group of 60 young creators from around the world. To apply you must have:
- Pre-existing experience in content creation
- Fluency in English or Spanish
- An internet connection (as all of the sessions will be conducted remotely)
- Be aged 16-24
We want to ensure the participation of a diverse group of people, so if you have a disability, come from an indigenous group, identify as LGBTQ, are a migrant or refugee, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Whoever you are, this is your chance to have your work seen by more people than ever before. Fill and submit the form below before September 15 to be chosen.
If you are not selected this time, don't worry! We would love to celebrate other mediathons in the future, and you will still be able to join some public skills building sessions that UNICEF and our partners are working on for our first edition.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: