The Rahim Lalji ‘14 Development Studies Bursary
The Rahim Lalji ‘14 Development Studies Bursary has been established for 2020/21 academic year with the generous support of alumnus Rahim Lalji. The Bursary is designed to help support students with the greatest financial need.
- Value: £2'500
- Number of Scholarships available: 1
- Selection criteria: 250-word statement based on financial need
- Be a new or continuing student on a Full or Part Time Ungergraduate Development Studies programme (single of combined honors).
- Overseas fee-paying student.
- The Bursary is only valid for one year however previously successful recipients can reapply in subsequent years.
How to Apply
Apply for the Rahim Lalji ‘14 Development Studies Bursary via the online form. You should save a copy of your application form for your records. If you wish to print a copy of the application then please do so before clicking SUBMIT.
Statement of Financial Need
In addition to the above criteria, applicants must provide a statement of financial need with your on-line Scholarship/Bursary application. The short supporting statement should include the following information:
- details of family and financial background: your financial situation growing up, your current approximate annual family income, are you the first in your family to go to university?
- Your parents’ occupations and their highest educational qualifications
- how did you fund your past education - through scholarships, awards, parental assistance/self-funding?
- how does your situation now prevent you from funding an education in the UK - do you have family dependents or outstanding debts (student loans for example)?
- past employment - have your previous salaries put you in a position to be able to afford an education in the UK?
- further clarity as to how you will use your education at SOAS to help your future goals
- any additional information you think will help your application - extenuating financial circumstances, other financial burdens
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.