Women in Humanitarian Action Scholarship – Master of Humanitarian Assistance
The Women in Humanitarian Action Scholarship is available for students enrolled in the Master of Humanitarian Assistance. The scholarships have been established as part of the IKEA Foundation’s investment to support access to ongoing education for women through the Centre for Humanitarian Leadership.
Applications for Trimester 2 2020 open 17 June 2020.
Applications for Trimester 2 2020 close 15 July 2020 5pm.
The scholarship pays 100% tuition fees for up to a maximum of four credit points of study.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an International citizen, International citizen seeking asylum in Australia or a Permanent humanitarian visa holder
- a female student enrolled in A667 Graduate Diploma of Humanitarian Assistance, A767 or A757 Master of Humanitarian Assistance in Trimester 2 2020
- have completed at least two credit points in A667 Graduate Diploma of Humanitarian Assistance, A767 or A757 Master of Humanitarian Assistance (this includes students who completed a Graduate Certificate as entry to the MHA – Graduate Certificate credit points will count towards the 2 credit points required).
Preference will be given to citizens from a country below 0.85 on the Human Development Index of the United Nations Development Program
As a scholarship recipient you:
- must successfully complete each enrolled credit point to remain eligible for the scholarship
- cannot defer the scholarship offer, the scholarship must commence in Trimester 2 2020
- cannot intermit the scholarship
- must provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- must complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- must utilise all scholarship funds by the completion of Trimester 1 2021 (no payments will be made after Trimester 1 2021).
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.