Rory Peck Awards
About the Awards
For 25 years, the Rory Peck Awards has been celebrating the work of freelance journalists working in news and current affairs worldwide. These are the freelance reporters, filmmakers, photojournalists and camera operators who play a vital role in international newsgathering – and in keeping independent journalism alive.
The Awards are now open for entries, with an entry deadline of Monday 10th August.
Am I eligible to enter the Awards?
- Only work by freelance journalists or filmmakers is eligible for entry. For the purposes of the Rory Peck Awards, the term “freelance” is defined as someone who gathers and generates stories, images and footage for professional broadcast and online news and current affairs platforms. He/she will not have a permanent or rolling contract or salary but may be on a retainer with one or more organisation(s), work to commission or be paid by the piece. This can include those who, at times, may be required to supplement their income by other means.
- Entries must have been first broadcast between 1 June 2019 and 31 July 2020 inclusive.
- All entries must be submitted and titled as first broadcast.
- All entries must have been broadcast or published by a recognised television channel, broadcaster, news agency, VOD/streaming platform or online news platform.
- Re-versions of previously submitted entries will not be accepted.
- You cannot submit the same entry into more than one category.
- We particularly welcome self-funded work and entries from freelancers living and working in regions where it may be difficult to operate.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.