GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security
Rules and Regulations
1. The prize is awarded for projects by any individual, or group of individuals, or organisation (from private or public sectors), which contribute to global security, and have been submitted for consideration according to these rules and regulations. No more than one application per applicant is allowed.
2. Applications may come from any country, but the projects should go beyond national borders in their reach or thinking, and must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroot initiatives.
3. The prize is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security.
4. The prize is awarded by the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP), as part of its Programme for Geopolitics and Global Futures, under the Creativity and Innovation Initiative.
5. Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members are not eligible participants.
6. Applications must be submitted via the online application form in order to be considered for the prize, and shall include: a. a project abstract of 250 words maximum; b. a well-developed project description which should not exceed 1,000 words in length. The application should include a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field; c. up to five image files (optional).
7. Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
8. Applications must be in English.
9. The deadline for applications is 24 September 2020 at 18:00 UTC+2, and the winners (first, second and third place) will be announced in November 2020.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.