Scholarships Program for Students of Iranian Descent
The idea of providing scholarships to students of Iranian descent originated in 1984 by my father, Moji (Mojtaba) Momeni. He says:
“In an afternoon of pondering about my life and setting goals, I realized that without the benefit of scholarships I could not have achieved what I was achieving in my life. At that time, I added the establishment of an organization dedicated to advancing education and providing scholarships to students, to my list of 20-year plan.”
In 1993, he started a small local scholarship program through Iranian Professional Society of Oregon. In 1998, wanting to expand the program beyond the borders of the City of Portland, he established Momeni Family Fund, as part of Oregon Community Foundation. Momeni Family Fund was involved in supporting educational and charitable organizations throughout Oregon until 2001.
In February 2001, realizing his long term goal, he established Momeni Foundation as the final stage of evolution of his original plan to provide scholarships to graduating high school students and full time college students of Iranian descent anywhere in the world.
We hope that visitors of this site and the scholarship recipients will also, some day, establish their own scholarship programs.
- Applicant must be of Iranian descent. Provide supportive document. See FAQ for examples.
- Applicant must be graduating from high school and planning to be enrolled as a full time student in an accredited college.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 is required. Please submit an official copy of your latest transcript. See FAQ if your school send the transcript directly.
- Submit a resume or list of your extracurricular activities, community leadership or volunteerism, membership in clubs or organizations and any other evidence of outstanding achievement.
- Submit a short narrative (less than 500 words) describing your goals and plans and what has motivated you to follow those goals and plans.
- You may also apply for Financial Assistance Scholarship by submitting a complete separate application and supporting documents.
Please arrange and submit your documents in the order listed above.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.