Workshops will be held at Birkbeck University, Malet St, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 7HX
Our workshops for this year can be seen below:
Advanced React Workshop by Alex Lobera
- Effectively start “thinking in hooks” to fully comprehend how the new composition model works
- Leverage functional programming in modern React
- Learn how to apply the new React patterns and how to identify the right use cases for each one.Date: 16/9/2020 09:00 - 17:00
Building Real-World GraphQL API by Alex Lobera
In this zero to hero GraphQL workshop, you will learn how to effectively migrate REST APIs to GraphQL avoiding common pitfalls
- Learn how to migrate a REST API to GraphQL
- Understand how to design a GraphQL schema solving real-world use cases
- Error handling & security designDate: 15/9/2020 09:00 - 17:00
In-depth TypeScript by Michel Weststrate
This workshop is also suitable for those that have basic experience with TypeScript. Since the basics only take ~2 hours to cover, most of the day is still super valuable to enhance your TypeScript skills, even if you already have real project experience with TypeScript! Did you ever encounter super confusing types in some of the libraries you use? Did you get some super vague compiler errors? After this workshop you will be able to understand them!
We wish to support our community and highly encourage students and others coming from diverse backgrounds (people of color, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, refugees, women, students and people facing economic or social hardships) to apply for scholarships. Travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
If you are keen to attend CityJSConf but have difficulty attending the conference due to lack of money or resources, this is your chance. We will be delighted to have you with us!