Hetq Media Factory Instructor Application
The Investigative Journalists NGO is looking for specialists who will teach the following subjects at the Hetq Media Factory:
● Investigative Journalism
● Fact Checking
● Data Journalism
● Data Visualization
● Video journalism
● Mobile Journalism
● Ethics and Media Legislation.
Duration: One academic year (September 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021)
Location: Yerevan, 106/1 Nalbandyan Str., Hetq Media Factory
● Developing curriculum of the subject according to the Study Plan of the Media Factory
● Teaching two classes per week (each class duration – 80 minutes)
● Checking and evaluating student assignments and transmitting the results into databases
● Providing professional assistance to students and Media Factory beneficiaries according to the agreed timetable
● Writing monthly reports
● Participating in meetings and discussions of the Factory
● Collaborating with other lecturers at Media Factory and ensuring the interconnectedness of the subjects
● Being continuously aware of industry innovations
● Higher education (education or training in foreign universities will be considered an advantage)
● Ability to explain the material clearly and precisely
● Research skills
● Willingness to work with Google G-Suite (Google Classroom, Google Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.)
● Knowledge of Armenian and English languages (knowledge of other languages is desirable)
● Ability to work with a flexible work schedule
● Willingness to communicate and work in a team.
1) Selection of preliminary applications
3) Demonstration of the teaching method (candidates will conduct a 15-minute pilot class for the electoral commission within the framework of their subject)
4) Final selection and approval.
We ask all candidates who meet the requirements to complete the application no later than May 20.
Applications start date: April 20, 2020
Deadline for applications: May 20, 2020
Hetq Media Factory is a creative space for collaboration and education where innovative media products are born. The aim of the project is to find ways to tell stories in a comprehensive, analytical and influential way, by combining media, art, science and technology.