Seedcorn And Research Network Grants
Two kinds of research grants of up to £5,000 are available to researchers at UK-based universities in areas that align with BAICE’s aims to:
- promote research, policy and development in all aspects of international and comparative education; and
- encourage the growth and development of international and comparative studies in education.
For both grants we encourage applications that involve junior and early career researchers (including doctoral students) in the proposed activities.
The purpose of Seedcorn grants are to provide funding for pilot research projects and scoping work. This may be achieved through a combination of activities including
- literature review
- mapping exercises
- analysis of secondary data sources
- travel and subsistence to meet domestic and international partners
The fund will support initial project planning and development, the direct costs of research, workshops and seminars that enable the advancement of research, and visits by or to partner scholars. Funds may also be requested for maximising the impact of a defined research project that is completed or close to completion.
We especially welcome proposals for collaborative, interdisciplinary research development activities aimed at developing research ideas and methodologies with the potential to attract significant external funding from either UK or international research funds.
Who is eligible to apply
- Academics and scholars based in UK research and academic institutions may be lead applicants.
- Co-applicants may be from different organisations and professional associations anywhere in the world.
- Early career researchers are encouraged to apply.
- All applicants named on the proposal must be members of BAICE.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.