Annual Essay Writing Contest Scholarship
IvyPanda.com provides $1500 in scholarships annually for talented students who demonstrate mastery of essay writing. Scholarships will be awarded to two winners: the winner will receive $1,000; the runner-up prize is $500.
We will accept submissions from current high school, college, or university students from any country. The winners will be required to send us proof of their academic status or enrollment.
Write an essay on one of the following topics:
- Contribution of Technology in Education
- Is Studying Abroad Worth It?
- Should Video Games Be Used in Education?
Your essay must:
- Have a word count of 500-700 words (excluding title, header, and works cited page)
- Be written in the US or UK English
- Be 100% plagiarism-free
- Be submitted in .doc or .docx format
- Follow MLA style to format the paper and cite sources (download our MLA checklist to check your formatting)
- Have three or more sources cited on the Works Cited page
- The filename should be [IvyPanda Writing Contest_Last Name]
- Follow our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram; like and share the post with the contest description pinned on our social media pages.
- Send us an email with:
- Your essay
- The screenshot proving that you followed our social media
- The screenshot of the post with the contest description shared on your social media
- The answer to the question: “Where did you find out about the IvyPanda Contest?”
Each participant may submit only one essay and win just one award.
All submitted works will be evaluated by a team of highly qualified writers and editors based on the following criteria:
Grammar, punctuation, and spelling
The winners will be determined based on our editors’ team evaluation.
The best essays will be published on the IvyPanda blog.
Winners will be announced on this page as well as on the IvyPanda blog.
To receive their awards, the winners must provide proof of enrollment or study. If they cannot or will not provide this confirmation, the award will be given to the next appropriate participant in line.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.