SOUTH COUNTY RECYCLING + TRANSFER STATION
Create site-specific or site-integrated artwork for the new South County Recycling and Transfer Station in the City of Algona, Washington.
About the Project
- Budget: $500,000 OR $540,000
Two budget options are available for this opportunity with specific application requirements:
- Non-mentorship option for individual artists and artist teams: $500,000 (Budget is inclusive of artist fee, fabrication and installation of artwork(s), applicable taxes and travel)
- Mentorship option for artists applying as mentor and mentee artist(s): $540,000 (Budget is inclusive of artist fees for both the mentor and mentee artist(s), fabrication and installation of artwork(s), applicable taxes and travel. $40,000 will be held aside to pay the mentee artist(s) directly. If there are multiple mentee artists, that amount will be divided evenly between them.)
- Eligibility: open to professional artists and artist-led teams residing in the Washington, Oregon or British Columbia. Artists whose work is focused on sustainability and the environment, reuse of materials, and/or naturally-sourced materials are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with cultural connections to The Muckleshoot Tribe of Indians and those who identify as Indigenous or underrepresented as well as artists who have an interest or history in education or mentorship of emerging artists are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Application: submission of an online application is required for this opportunity.
- Deadline: Monday, March 16, 2020 by 4:00 pm PST
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.