Winter Festival Events Grant
- Event must be open to all, whether ticketed or not.
- Event is not-for-profit.
- Applicant should be a recognised community body, arts organisation or business association (Winter Festival Events).
- Individual businesses are not eligible for event/project grants.
- Applications from employees/members of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council are not eligible.
- All activities / events must demonstrate the financial capacity / matched funding to deliver the project.
- Applications that do not include details of all sources of income will not be considered.
- DLRCoCo will fund to a maximum of 75% or €5000 (whichever is the lesser amount) to any event/project.
- An application can be for one grant only. If you are applying for more than one grant, separate applications must be submitted. If you are submitting multiple applications you must number your applications in order of priority.
- Funding requested must be for an event to be held in the year of the scheme – funding will not be granted for events held in the previous or subsequent year.
- The purpose of this grant is to increase the public’s awareness of Winter Festival events in the County. The aim of the event should be to produce a positive economic impact on the County's economy and increase footfall for local communities and businesses.
- Grant applications that attract new, rather than existing events will be given a higher priority for awards.
- Any organisation working with children must have a written Child Protection Policy to apply for a DLR Grant.
- This grant cannot be used for capital projects, prize money, to advance a profit venture or advance the activities of the organiser.
- Events of the following nature will not be considered: private functions, breakfasts, lunches or dinners, or similar.
- Funding will not be made available for general operating or administrative expenses, including staff, officials, travel to solicit events; building, renovating, and/or remodeling a facility; purchasing of capital equipment; expenses of any or organisation traveling outside of the event county; fundraising programmes.
- DLR coco has the authority to reject any application.
- All events using public open space must comply with consents, permits and licenses. Success in your grant application does not confer automatic rights to use Public Open Spaces and a separate application should me made to the council.
- Applicants must provide a brief summary detailing the extent to which the Event will benefit the wider community and/or local Businesses.
- Applications received after the deadline for receipt of applications are not eligible.
- Events already provided by other Council funding streams will not be considered for funding.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: