Telefilm Canada New Voices Award
The TELEFILM CANADA New Voices Award are awarded to five emerging screenwriters from across Canada. The award provides each winner with a complimentary registration to the ninth annual Toronto Screenwriting Conference (TSC) (April 25-26, 2020) plus an exclusive lunch with TSC Founder, Glenn Cockburn, and an executive from TELEFILM Canada.
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Landed Immigrant
- Must have ownership of creative rights, and be able to demonstrate proof of original concept
- Must be available to attend the exclusive luncheon (April 24), and Toronto Screenwriting Conference (April 25/26), in Toronto (please note we are unable to cover the costs of travel)
- Must have written at least two (2) projects: digital series episode, TV episode, short film, feature film, or a play of which one (1) has been produced
- Must submit one (1) feature length screenplay or TV series pilot as part of your complete application
- Must not have previously been awarded the TELEFILM Canada New Voices Award
Applicants are asked to include the following information in the form of a complete package. Please note that incomplete packages will NOT be reviewed by the jury.
Please provide the following enclosures in your application:
- Completed Application Form (Including Signature), with declaration of ownership
- A letter of intent and interest outlining how you will use the opportunity to further your goals (maximum of 1 page)
- A curriculum vitae that includes screen credits, relevant education and training; please also include a short bio (maximum 300 words), in addition to your CV
- A two-page synopsis that describes your script submission. Include story, characters, genre, format and target audience (maximum of 2 pages)
- Writing Sample: One (1) original script for a TV-series, or feature film
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.