Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People:
Study at the Pázmány Péter Catholic University (PPCU) Armenian Studies Department
I. Short description:
The core mission of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students. From the 2020/21 Academic year 5 Armenian students will be awarded from Armenia to study in the framework of the scholarship programme at the Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Armenian Studies Department in Budapest. The students will be registered in the History MA Programme, Armenian Studies Specialization, where after 4 semester they can acquire a Master’s degree (full degree program). The language of the instruction is English. After completing their studies, the scholarship holders will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge.
II. Content of the scholarship:
The scholarship for a full-time programme covers the full calendar year and is provided until the completion of the studies in the last year.
The amount of the scholarship is HUF 128 520/person/month (Approximately 400 EUR) for scholarship holders in the master programme.
The scholarship holders are entitled to have HUF 200 000 once a year (Approximately 650 EUR) as reimbursement of their travel costs once a year, which is transferred by the higher education institution shortly after their arrival.
Allowances provided for the scholarship holder:
a) exemption from paying tuition fees;
b) student hostel room/bed depending on the capacity of the higher education institution or HUF 40,000/month accommodation allowance for 12 months of the year during the whole period of full-time programmes;
c) health care services and an additional insurance for health care services in a foreign language for up to HUF 65,000/year;
d) use of the services of the library free of charge;
e) The visa administration and the extension of the residence permit is free of charge for scholarship holders
III. The Application Process and Required Document
All of the following application documents are compulsory for all applicants and must be submitted via e-mail by 25 of February 2020!
E-mail address: email@example.com
(No application fee)
1. Data sheet (next page) and a recent photo of the applicant
2. Motivation letter (1 page, in English)
3. Church recommendation: must be issued by the highest possible level, i.e. by the Bishop in the Church
must be signed and stamped by the Bishop of the relevant Church (or by the highest relevant episcopal authority, if the Church has no Bishop);
must be written on the official letterhead of the relevant Church;
must have the name of the bishop printed on it;
must state all the personal details of the applicant (i.e. full name, country of residence, date and place of birth) and the date of issuance.
4. School certificates and their translations (at least Bachelor degree in Humanities or in Social Sciences or in Law). If the applicant is in the last semester in his/her bachelor studies, he/she needs to upload a signed statement that the missing document will be obtained and sent to the Armenian Studies Department at the PPCU by 1 August 2020 the latest.
5. Copy of the original transcript of records regarding all academic semesters or school years completed during previous studies
6. Proof of English language proficiency and if it is Armenian, than its translation (Language certificate, at least B2 Level)
7. Medical certificate (certificates have to be issued and signed by a physician to prove that the applicant does not have the following illnesses: AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, C or any other epidemic condition)
8. Copy of Identification Document (Passport copy)
9. Recommendation from the Dean of the Faculty / Head of Institute
IV. Additional information
The PPCU check the applications formally and conduct their admission procedures according to the Act on National Higher Education (ANHE).
All documents that cannot be obtained in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian, have to be translated and the translations have to be submitted together with a copy of the original document.
Detailed call for Applications:
Rules and Regulations: https://tka.hu/docs/palyazatok/scy_rules_regulations_190228_en1912031226.pdf
In case of questions, please send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.