Celebrating underreported stories that break down stereotypes, change the narrative and connect people from different cultures
Established in 1988, the One World Media Awards recognise the best media coverage of developing countries, reflecting the social, political and cultural life of people around the globe.
- Open for entries: Tuesday 7 January, 2020
- Entry deadline: Thursday 13 February, 2020
- Awards ceremony: Thursday 18 June, 2020
What are the One World Media Awards?
- The Awards recognise the best media coverage of developing countries, celebrating those whose work brings to light underreported stories
- The Awards are open to journalists and filmmakers from all over the world
- With 15 categories, the Awards highlight work from all media platforms and across a wide range of genres and themes
- The focus is on stories, topics or issues in, about or related to developing countries
Why enter the Awards?
- A unique opportunity to be recognised by some of the industry’s top professionals and to gain a wider audience for your work
- The only Awards recognising excellence in international journalism and filmmaking specifically from and about developing countries
- They are established, with 31 years of providing a platform for important stories to be shared and celebrated
- They are diverse and open to entries from anywhere in the world
What are the benefits?
- £1000 production grant
- Executive producer for your project
- One-to-one career mentorship
- Fair Reporting and Security Guidance
- Industry workshops + webinars
- Network of like-minded Fellowship alumni
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: