Special PhD fellowship
The special PhD fellowship enables persons not employed within scientific research to complete a PhD within one year. Applicants must be in possession of a "temporary leave" certificate issued by their current employer.
- Period: 1 year
- Net monthly scholarship amount: identical to the last net salary of the main activity
- Call open
- Submission deadline: 2 March 2020
- Announcement of selection results: June 2020
- Start of fellowship: 1 September or 1 October 2020 (choice of the candidate)
- Success rate 2019: 50%
Profile and conditions
- You have a diploma at least equivalent to a master's degree following a bachelor's degree and awarded by the competent institutions in one of the countries of the European Economic Area or Switzerland. No attestation is required for non-Belgian diplomas.
- You are permanently employed.
- You are not professionally involved in scientific research.
- Your employer is willing to give you temporary leave or unpaid leave for 1 year. You are entitled to return to your job after the leave ends.
- You relinquish any secondary activity and associated remuneration.
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- You contact a a promotor affiliated to a Flemish university (or to the Evangelic Protestant Faculty in Leuven or the Faculty for Protestant Theology in Brussels), who is ready to guide you as a doctorandus.The supervisor undertakes to properly coach and guide you as doctorandus.
- The promotor is invited by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You submit your application online (FWO e-portal).
- Your application is submitted to the Cross-Domain Panel.
- Cross-Domain Panel reports to the board of trustees.
- The board of trustees decides on the appointment (end June 2020).
- You receive feedback on the decision and the findings of the expert panel.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.