Human Medicine, Health Sciences
PhD holders, post docs
Supplementary grant, own funds are required
1) Monthly grant rate
a) for graduates: EUR 1,050
b) for graduates with a PhD degree: EUR 1,150
2) Accommodation, health insurance
a) It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing office. The monthly costs are:
· monthly rent: roughly EUR 250 to 600 (depending on the amenities)
· monthly administrative fee: EUR 18
b) OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate EUR 55 to 200 (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health).
Scholarship holders have to pay the costs for accommodation and insurance themselves.
c) Applicants from non-EU/EEA countries who are planning a research stay of more than 6 months: If your monthly costs for accommodation in Austria exceed EUR 300, you may need to provide proof of additional funds to the Austrian residence authority when you apply for your residence permit. This figure may vary depending on your individual costs for health insurance and other liabilities.
3) Grant holders do not have to pay tuition fees in Austria. They might have to hand in a request at the rector’s office of their respective host university and demonstrate that they are studying or doing research in the context of transnational EU, national or university mobility programs.
4) Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. EUR 1,000.
- To promote research cooperation
- To promote young academics in the early stages of their scientific career
- To establish an effective network of researchers with relations to Austria
Eligible for application are
a) postgraduates pursuing a doctoral/PhD programme outside Austria;
b) postgraduates and post-docs wishing to pursue research in Austria with a view to an academic career and who completed their studies (at a university outside Austria) after September 30th, 2017;
c) post-docs who are working as lecturers at a university outside Austria.
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: