Open Call for Essays
Gender Equality and the Norms Brought by Multiculturalism and Multicultural Policies
Center for Balkan Cooperation LOJA has opened a call for submission of essays and personal stories on the topic of gender equality and the norms brought by multiculturalism and multicultural policies. We are inviting all interested individuals, writers, students, journalist, researchers, literature artists that are interested to submit an essay or any preferred form of literary expression on the above mentioned topic. We are inviting you to think about the equality discourses which could produce different effects, to think about the cultural recognition policies and the role of the women in these cultural communities. Think about the role of the women in your own culture and why it is important to keep the cultural values of your own community, but please be critical upon and think about preservation of the defined cultural believes and customs.
This is an open call for everybody, people that are really connected to the topic, but also those ones that want to share simple opinions on the topic and if feasible sharing their personal stories.
The selection of the best works will be published and the first three works will be awarded.
- Include a brief CV. In case you want to stay anonymous, we will accept publishing it under pseudonym.
- All work must be unpublished previously.
- Send your work both as a Word Doc (doc, docx) and PDF.
- There is no special form that we wish to receive, but feel free to use any kind of format (essay, personal story, anything suitable for your literary expression). We support sharing opinions on this topic and the form is not of much importance.
- The essays could be submitted in Macedonian, Albanian or English language.
- The open call is not forbidden to North Macedonia only, you can apply from other places as well.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.