Fourth Mediterranean Water Heroes Contest on “Water and Climate Change”
Every year, World Water Day draws the world’s attention to key global water issues. World Water Day 2020 will focus on Water and Climate Change. Youth has an important role to play in working towards regional water security and increased water awareness. Young people are involved in innovative water-related projects and research around the Mediterranean and are key to securing a more sustainable water future in the region. Youth also has an essential role to play in creating a more inclusive Mediterranean for migrants and refugees.
Who is Eligible?
- Young people aged 18 to 35 and working and/or studying the water sector in the Mediterranean.
- Regardless of their place of residence, applicants must be nationals from one of the following Mediterranean countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestinian Territories, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Applications from Libya, Algeria, and Egypt are strongly encouraged.
- Applicants may be active within public institutions, research institutes, start-ups, NGOs, or are freelancers.
- The official languages of the contest are English and Arabic.
CMI encourages applications from all backgrounds, including young water activists, entrepreneurs, and researchers.
Applicants are invited to submit their innovative work around the following themes:
- Water and Climate Change Policies
- Water Scarcity and Drought Management Best Practices
- Water Security Migration Nexus
- Water and Circular Economy (entrepreneurship)
Only completed applications will be taken into consideration. Water-related projects and research will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Regional relevance and reproducibility
- Innovative value
- Environmental, social and economic impact
- Youth involvement
- The overall quality of the application
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.