International Biennial Print Exhibit
OBJECTIVEThe aim of this juried biennial exhibition is to promote the art of printmaking and to foster international cultural exchange with the participation of talented artists around the world. Through the competition and the exhibition, this event shall serve as a key platform for artistic exchange and cultural collaboration, and help contribute to the diversity and vitality of print and print-related art.
Supervisor: Ministry of Culture
Organizer: National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts
- September 2019 Biennial prospectus released
- 3 December 2019 Submission opens
- 5 February 2020 Submission closes (all entries must be postmarked by 5 Feb.)
- 9 April 2020 Results of preliminary selection announced
- 6 May 2020 Prize winners announced
- July 2020 Opening ceremony & Awards presentation
- July – September 2020 Exhibition period
- July 2020 Return of undisplayed works
- By 30 November 2020 Return of displayed works
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
- No registration fees are required. Worldwide artists are eligible to take part. All entries must be original prints on paper. The work must be completed in or after 2017, wholly original and have not been entered the previous International Biennial Print Exhibit ROC competitions.
- All works submitted must be original pieces of art that meet the “indirect” and “multiple” characteristics of print, either based on transfer printing or print making. (All printmaking techniques, including monotypes and digital prints, are accepted.)
- Each submitted work must not be larger than 150cm in either length or width in size (not size of print), and not smaller than 40cm in either legnth or width in size. The work must not be more than 20cm thick. Combined prints, in total, must not exceed this size range, too.
- Each entrant is allowed to submit one piece of work only. Co-authored works will not be accepted.
- A signature must be made either on the printed side or the back of the artwork, noting the print edition and year of creation. The signature must be clear and discernable, and the artwork must NOT be framed.
- The works that do not meet these requirements will not be reviewed.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.